Important: Use good quality whole milk with high butterfat content and a good clean whole milk yogurt culture.
- 1 1/2 quarts, whole fat milk, preferably raw
- 2/3 cups heavy cream, preferably raw
• Heat milk and cream to the point when small bubbles form on the surface.
• Cool to room temperature, about 4-8 hours.
• Add 2-4 Tbs. whole yogurt with lactobacillis culture.
• Pour into 2 one-quart glass jars, shake and place in a cooler.
• Fill with hot water almost to the top, cover and let sit overnight or for at least 10 hours. Can be up to 24 hours.
Note: You can use the homemade yogurt as starter for as many batches as you like. If yogurt fails to form well, then you may need to use fresh starter culture again.